Sebastian asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

How can I stop one cat jumping out the window while allowing the other cat.?

We have two cats, one is quite a big boy who goes outside everyday. The other is still young and is a small cat and we want to stop her from jumping out of the window because there are 2 large excitable dogs on the property who will chase after her an potentially injure her. The big cat is used to them and they are used to him so thats no issue. Up until now the little cat hasn't leaent to jump out of the window but she has now and we are worried about leaving the window open for the big cat while not home.

What can we do to prevent the little one from jumping out while leaving the window open for the big cat.

Thanks a lot

Stop letting the cats outside

• Well I had the same problem once, all I did was make sure there was nothing near the window for the cats to jump up on. My older cat had no trouble jumping from the floor up onto the window sill but my younger kitten was not able to jump that far until he was about 6 months old, by that time I think he was big enough to take care of himself.

• Maxi

Don't leave the cat in the room where the window is open