Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

What is the best way for a new realtor to get more money?

I'm a new realtor and have recently seen our challenges growing with the cost of fuel rising exponentially over the past few weeks and more time being spent cleaning homes before/after showing due to COVID 19 (I use a ultraviolet wand piece to sanitize the surfaces).  What are ways for met to make more money to make up for these added expenses?  I have considering asking how all of my current clients to pay me my fees upfront and will be charge a per-showing fee.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I knew one who worked at a bar overnight.  Life ain't easy.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

• 1 month ago

Lol, no one is going to pay for showings.  You'll end up with no clients.  You also aren't getting fees paid up front.  Why would anyone ever pay you these when no other agents are asking for them?   You'll end up with no income at all

• 1 month ago

Don't expect your clients to pay anything upfront or to pay for "your" responsibilities.  You might just get reported to the state realty board, so watch what you do.  Acting in bad faith and putting unreasonable demands on clients is not good.  That said, why aren't you demanding that all people you show the house to wear a mask and wear disposable gloves?  Tell them that they are required to bring their own PPE and that's the only way you can show them the house.  That should cut down a the cleaning to some degree.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Blah, blah, blah...more fake realtor Trolling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a part time job at Walmart.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You describe what would lose clients. It depends upon whether you act as a buyer or seller agent and how seller's fees are split. There have always been expenses.

Anything proposed needs to be up-front as part of any agents contract with seller before the contract as agent is signed. The seller can choose their agent.

If a selling agent, maximize available virtual. You can insist some pre-checks about potential buyers. You need to modernize your techniques to reduce physical showings of properties from the inside. Discuss this with other agents in your area.

Events can change anyone's net income. There aren't always easy answers.

You can be more selective about clients. You may possibly have fees as refundable at closing. If a sellers agent, have and show a clear and complete marketing plan. You are selling a service. If you create a marketing video, who owns that video? 

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The cost of fuel isn't rising exponentially. Don't use words you don't understand.

• R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Please,for the love of God, stop!!!!!  You are not good at trolling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.