Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Best thing to have for breakfast?

I've tried plain yogurt but can't stand the taste, I usually have toast or sandwiches but then I have them again for lunch, so probably wouldn't be getting all nutrients that I needed, despite the fact I always did it when I was at school. I like scrambled eggs and cereals, though I always feel hungry again shortly after eating cereal?

Favorite Answer

cereal and yogurt, eggs and toast, interesting left overs from last nights supper, you can eat what ever you want in the morning and call it breakfast.

The best thing for breakfast is wheat.

oats? maybe with arvis, he’s very nice btw

• denise

Oatmeal with some fruit and honey.

Why limit yourself to traditional breakfast items?  Ever since I stopped eating pork and became allergic to eggs, and went on a low carb diet, traditional eggs, hash browns, bacon, toast, cereal and fruit are out.  So in with dinner.  A hamburger is a satisfying alternative to a sausage and egg biscuit.  Take off half (or all) of the bun and it's low carb.  Even a scrambled egg on a hamburger patty is satisfying.  The thin is, you have to eat protein and fat to not get hungry an hour or two later.  It's a high carb diet problem.  Our country has been programmed to eat high carb low fat since the 1950's.  And we wonder why half the population has diabetes or is obese?  salad is also great for breakfast.  Add some rotisserie chicken to a leafy green salad, along with a few olives, petite carrots, tomato wedges, shredded cheddar, even a sliced up hard boiled egg.  Add ranch dressing or a viniagrette.  Mighty good.

I was also going to go the oatmeal route. I agree that most cereals aren't filling but oatmeal seems to work for me.

Eggs are a good choice. Quick to make, lots of variable cooking methods.

You could also make up breakfast wraps or sandwiches for the week and just reheat them as needed.

Why not have some steel-cut oatmeal with unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, chopped medjoul dates, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.  You can have it ready in 15 minutes and top it with some golden flaxseed meal.