Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Is this face shaving trend for girls a good idea??

I have peach fuzz on my face like my cheeks it’s not noticeable unless I look into a proper zoomed in lit up mirror but my mates all shave their faces with these mini face razors on a stick and are saying I should try it but I’m worried as obviously when you shave your legs and it grows back the hairs are spikey so I don’t want that to happen to my face?! 

My mates also have black hair whereas I have blonde so I don’t really think I need it but I keep seeing them everywhere and people’s skin looks sooo much nicer after! 

But I definitely do not wanna end up having to do this every month like I do my legs!! 

It's a good way to eventually end up with a beard.

it makes make up smoother and easier to put on , also grows back as peach fuzz not long hair. go for it x

Shaving will need to be repeated, that's true. Try waxing instead. Or use a depilatory cream. Both tend to last longer than shaving. Or if you have some extra cash, you can have the hair laser-removed. This could cause some scarring on your face, though. 

I think no. Because face shaving is only suited to male.

Females use like vacs.

• Kate

It's a terrible idea. The more you shave, the more it grows back. Better to use a gentle face specific hair removal mask or cream.

Just don't get started with that nonsense. There's no need 

Please be aware that in bright light or outside in sunlight, your peach fuzz is very much visible. I suggest waxing. Over time, it kills off hair follicles. I used to get my face waxed quarterly; now I get it waxed once a year. And the skin is so baby-smooth after waxing, it is worth it just for that alone.

• Sandy

getting rid of that peach fuzz makes your makeup go on smoother and look nicer. it's a good thing. and the hair doesn't grow back any thicker. it's still just fuzz.

• kelvin

no.................................

That's a total myth that shaving makes hair grow back thicker and spikier. If that were true, all those guys who've gone bald who shave the downy hair that remain would suddenly grow thick heads of hair again. It's just not true, not true at all. Guys' beards don't come in thicker because they shave. Women's leg hairs don't come in thicker because the shave. That hair comes in thicker because that is the natural progression of having sex hormones coursing through a person's veins over time.