Are there facts about creation that were not recorded in the Bible?

This question is not for people who do not believe in the Bible as an authoritative document. I simply want to know what people who already believe in the Bible think might have been excluded and why. For example, I think that the explanation of how long a “day” is for God is omitted because we can’t comprehend time that way. I also think that the Bible leaves out when God created other people besides Adam and Eve, like the partners created for Cain, Abel, and Seth. The Bible leaves this out because there was already one example of that phenomenon. 

Update:

For those who might be at odds with the original phrasing, read the main question as: What details about creation do you think/imagine the Bible does not relay to its readers. 

Imagination is key here. We all know that the Bible is not a science textbook. My aim is to see what other creative ideas or analyses people had after reading Genesis. I imagine the reasons will typically be less creative: the information would be superfluous, too technical, challenging to the overall narrative, etc.

Update 2:

I appreciate that someone mentioned the origins of angels and that a couple people mentioned the issue of content management. 

Strange no one said anything about translation/censorship potentially obscuring details since most of us are not reading the Bible in its original language. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • User
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Are there facts about creation that were not recorded in the Bible?

Of course.

Even if we knew literally nothing about physics and cosmology

and

even if the Biblical account is 100% accurate

there are still many facts about creation not included in the Biblical account.

Some really obvious ones:

- When were the angels created?

- When were flying insects created relative to birds?

- What were Adam and Eve like the moment after they were created?

- How did Adam and Eve learn to speak?

etc etc

2) I simply want to know what people who already believe in the Bible think might have been excluded and why.

Most likely: the author didn't know.

3) I also think that the Bible leaves out when God created other people besides Adam and Eve, like the partners created for Cain, Abel, and Seth.

The Bible is clear

when it describes Eve as "the mother of all living"

that Adam and Eve were the only created humans

and that ALL others were their descendants.

• 5 months ago

The first thing I noticed is that we do not know who the narrator was or where they were at.

There was a man I respected who put it this way:

"The Bible is not a cook book and as such there are millions of questions we would like answers to that are not there."

The scientist wants all the details and formulas spelled out for them on creation and how life came into being.

Historians would like to know every ones activities recorded on an hour by hour record.

But if every thing we wanted to know was in the Bible, it would be too big to read.

• 5 months ago

Millions.  God had to dumb the discussion down for a non-technological people.  He speaks to us according to our understanding.  It's true, the "days" of creation should have been translated as indefinite "times." 

Also, Genesis 1 begins with the new planet already formed.  The chapter glosses over how God prepared it to support life and the spiritual creation of life.  Genesis 2 is the physical creation of life.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Pope Francis says the theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand” putting an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design! So the Catholic Church, Church of England and mainstream churches all accept the big bang and evolution!

Lord Carey the former Archbishop of Canterbury put it rather well – “Creationism is the fruit of a fundamentalist approach to scripture, ignoring scholarship and critical learning, and confusing different understandings of truth”!

Christian Fundamentalist is a complete contradiction in terms!

CHRISTIAN – A follower or believer in Jesus.

FUNDAMENTALIST One who believes the Bible is literally true and must be followed exactly.

Therefore they are followers of the bible and not Jesus making them non Christians!

But worse is to follow it also makes them ideologists.

IDEOLOGY An idea that is false or held for the wrong reasons but is believed with such conviction as to be irrefutable.

So Christians have a loving and forgiving god and fundamentalist - well - Just are not Christians!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

God created the world the peoples  and every thing in it in six days! Oh that was recorded Ok

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The Bible is not an authoritative document.  Hope that helps.

• 5 months ago

I'm more used to the kinds of Christians who are fine with taking modern science and letting that inform how the bible should be interpreted, so... Can't we go with that? Everything we've learned about how galaxies, stars, planets, and life formed?

• 5 months ago

“We do not accuse the weather forecaster of scientific error when he says, “The sun will rise at 6:00 a.m.”. The sun doesn’t scientifically rise. The earth revolves around the sun. He 

was affirming the phenomenon he/we observe with our senses. 

The writers of the Bible often wrote as they would ordinarily speak and they often wrote what they experienced with their senses as well (we moderns still do this regularly when speaking as noted in the example above)

The pontiff explains that the sacred writers “did not seek to penetrate the secrets of nature, but rather described and dealt with things in more or less figurative language, or in terms which were commonly used at the time”

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/is...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There are no facts recorded in the bible.

It is not about facts, or truth, it is about money and political power.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There are no "facts" about creation recorded in the Bible in the first place, K.H., other than that God is the creator.

Genesis is a cosmology, not history.

Source(s): Jesus follower
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.