Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 month ago

Can I continue claiming Universal Credit while working part-time? How much can I earn a week and continue to receive U.C?

I am 20 and want to apply to do Apprenticeships. Some of them pay really low like £150 every week. I live at home with my parents but I still have to give my parents rent money. Would I still be able to receive Universal Credit just until I’ve completed my Apprenticeship and they give me a better salary or review my salary to a higher one after 6 months, whichever one they decide?

Update:

@boy boy I don’t give a **** what you did with your life. In your day things were affordable. I can’t live on £600 a month. As I said I have to still give my parents rent/food money & I’ve been working full-time sick I was 16. Go and **** your self you ****!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a benefits calculator on the link.  You will have to put in your details to get an answer.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Apprenti...

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What does this have to do with travel?

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Universal Credit replaced the following benefits:

Child Tax Credit

Housing Benefit

Income Support

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Working Tax Credit

So at 20 yrs old, living at home it is unlikely you are eligible for any of those

• 1 month ago

lazy devil ..get out there and get a job ..£150 a week on apprenticeship is a lot more than i got ...there again i never ever claimed any benefits ..ever ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.