Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Are UFO's common in your area?

Favorite Answer

No                               

• Fred

Years ago I worked on cement grain elevators, reaching a height of 200 some ft.

On the job site there was always someone looking up and we saw a great many objects in the sky above us.  Someone would occasionally turn a high powered transit upon the object and it would be a tumble weed lofted high up in the air by some storm somewhere?.. or a weather balloon?  

Not recently, but back in 1966 a bunch of school kids saw a military balloon descend, just a couple of miles from my area, and because the kids could not identify it, it qualifies as a ufo.

Of course, the whole story got sensationalised out of all proportions, and has grown in stature over the years, to become known as the infamous "Westall ufo", and I kid you not, there are actually folks walking around who firmly believe that the "ufo" was a spaceship from beyond the stars full of space boogiemen. Pity they have to go and ruin a good balloon story.

• Bill-M

No.   There is a local Air Force Base, but I can identify all their aircraft.

There are no scientific offices around or weather stations releasing weather balloons.

And I know Venus when I see it.  Even in the day time.

One last thing -  we don't have an idiots playing games with fake UFO's.

UFO's of the E.T. type do not exist.