Not invited to groomsman wedding.?

I'm getting married next Friday and I just found out that my groomsman who is getting married in August didn't invite me to his wedding. And I have no idea why. He invited my best man and my other groomsman though along with 150+ other people. We've been friends for 12+ years and us 4 went to Panama City Beach for our spring break trip our senior year in high school. We haven't been as close as we were since we graduated high school. But still, I can't help but feel weird about this. I'm also 99.9% sure that he doesn't realize that I know I wasn't invited. Like how can you stand up for someone at their wedding even though you didn't invite them to yours and not explain why? 

A wedding list with so many names in it is likely to be a chaotic affair, chances are he didn't handle the guest list, if it was a smaller wedding it would feel more intentional. Mention to him that you noticed that your invitation for his wedding may have been overlooked, if he is your groomsman, then he should be someone you can talk to.

• Trish

Ask him.     

• Ocimom

Who knows.  A person is not obligated to be in or be invited to any wedding.  The bride is the one that sends out the invites.

• Edwena

Sounds like a mistake in wedding invitations.  If he did not decline to be in your wedding and he is not marrying your ex.  After your wedding is finished and settled down, ask him.

• boj

You should ask him.

• drip

Whose getting married during all this?

Wouldn’t the adult thing to do be ask him?  Ask him about his wedding and that you heard the other groomsmen's talking about It.

"I'm getting married next Friday" - WHY? can't you WAIT until this crap is OVER?

"and I just found out that my groomsman who is getting married in August didn't invite me to his wedding." - who cares? you are acting like a girl.

"And I have no idea why." - you are not required to know why... it's called personal choice.

"us 4 went to Panama City Beach for our spring break trip our senior year in high school." - lmao okay don't see how that even matters. sounds like you're still in high school tho, the way that you're acting.

"We haven't been as close as we were since we graduated high school." - found the reason. 

"But still, I can't help but feel weird about this." - ask him then? but don't expect an answer you'll like. not even sure why anyone would ask.

"I'm also 99.9% sure that he doesn't realize that I know I wasn't invited." - i'm sure he does lmao

"Like how can you stand up for someone at their wedding even though you didn't invite them to yours and not explain why?" - you'll get over it..... you can never ask for it because that is really weird asking for an invitation...

What do you mean you weren't invited?  Did someone in a position to know actually state you've been excluded?  Or is it a situation where others told you about their invites and you haven't gotten one?  These are not the same thing.

It's considered bad form to ask about an invite.  It's also true that just because he's your groomsman doesn't mean you automatically get invited.  But like everything else, there can be exceptions. 

If you know for fact you were excluded, you really can't say anything.  But I'm guessing this isn't the case.  If others have gotten invites, esp recently, just chill.  It's hardly unheard of for some invites to get delayed, to get sent to wrong address, etc.  If you don't know more by Friday, odds are high the topic of his wedding might come up, and you can casually ask about it.  I agree it would be very weird for him to be a your groomsman and not say something to you about it.

• Tj

How about you confront him. Its not too late for you to dump him from your wedding...I would.

i do not know your personality, and i hate weddings so i wouldn't want to go to a wedding, but if u want to attend his wedding and are bothered with the whole situation why don't u just ASK  him? just say "hei, a bird told me u have a wedding in august and i haven't got an invitation, so what's up with that? did something happen between us because i consider u a close friend and would want to attend your wedding, but only if u want me there, so what's up?" then u see what he has to say. maybe he has a long destination wedding and didn't want to be a burden for u as u have a young wife and a life to establish. maybe his fiancee your ex gf, maybe his parents dislike u - how would i know. but if something is bothering u u should talk about it. do not keep it inside - not good for your health, gives u stress and heart disease