Thal asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Extremely winded all the time?

I got terribly sick back in December with what we think was COVID. I had a horrible cough, I took 2 steps and was extremely tired; it’s been 7 months and it’s been the same, I’m extremely winded when I sit up or walk up a flight a of stairs. I’ve never had any breathing problems like this before and I don’t have any serious health issues. I’m fairly young and I’ve brought this up with my doctor and he didn’t really care. Anyone have issues like this? If so, what could it be?

I went to the hospital with chest pressure/pains recently. They said when I was ill in March, it was potentially covid - they advised unfortunately people who have had it are likely to experience respiratory issues they didn’t have before covid. 

Our symptoms might’ve been a bit different, I was finding that when I sat in certain positions I would feel winded! I found that the pain was on one side of my chest and laying on my side on that side would help relive the pressure/winded feeling a bit! I think it would be worth you going to hospital if you can to have some heart tests done etc just to rule out anything serious!

Hope you are feeling better soon! :)

C.O.P.D.?

Pneumonia?

Congestive Heart failure?

See a different doctor!

It's probably not COVID.  That virus only leads to mild symptoms and most people are over it in a day or two.