Do you believe that the Covid 19 Pandemic is a reminder for us to not go after worldly pursuits?

The Covid 19 Pandemic made me realize this world isn't really such a good place compared to the world God has in store for us, it also has inspired me not to focus on worldly treasures and pursuits.

• Dave D
    Favorite Answer

ALL suffering does exactly that.  The question that bugged me for many years was why would God create the physical realm at all?  He could have (and did) create us first in His image and likeness as immortal SPIRITUAL beings.  So why not just leave it at that?  The answer that came to me is so that we could learn something that He could not give us, and that was how to love selflessly.  Love cannot be forced and remain love; it must be freely given or else it is not love.  It is to learn to love that I firmly believe that the physical realm exists.

Here we are given the completely free choice to do any and all evil even though that leads away from God and from love because it is ONLY when we have the freedom to do evil that we also have the freedom to decide to reject that evil and do the good that leads towards love and God.  This also explains why direct knowledge of God's existence is denied to us here.  Such knowledge would interfere with the freedom of our choice.  For example if you had decide to rob a store but when you got there you found three policemen having a cup of coffee would you continue to try to rob the store?  Also I think you can see that you would not have done something "good" by deciding not to rob it.

It also explains why we experience pain, suffering, toil and death.  Through our personal experiences with these within our social circle we learn compassion and sympathy for others experiencing the same thing.  Compassion and sympathy teach us to care even for those outside of our own social circle.  Caring about others teaches us selfless love of all.  I remember some years back asking myself why was it necessary for Christ to suffer and die on the cross.  Why couldn't He die in bed and then resurrect.  What make sense to me now is that it was necessary for Him to suffer and die to show the tremendous meaning suffering plays in teaching us how to love.

Another point that atheists are fond of making is how could a loving God allow the suffering which we ALL go through,  With many it is incredibly severe.  Isn't God being cruel?  The answer to that is the fact that this observation focus only on the physical realm.  But the physical realm exists for our education.  In our true nature as spiritual beings (our souls) NO ONE has ever suffered and NO ONE has ever died.  It is OUR job in the physical realm to help those who suffer or are in need!  That is what we are here for!  We have to embrace our suffering as Christ willingly embraced His cross, and rather than whine "Why me?" use it as a tool to help others.  A stunning example of this is how many wounded warriors who despite their disabilities use their suffering to help others experiencing the same thing.

It is all connected.

No, I think it's a reminder to give up our sins.

You people are a bunch of bellyaching morons.

Yes, the Covid 19 is a call to repentance.

Thats certainly a wise assessment. Life here is fragile and fleeting.

Another soul too soon shall pass, whats done for God alone shall last.