Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Brothers and Sisters why did Jehovah command Noah to build an Ark instead of saving the entire world?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus said about people in Noah’s day. They were eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away. Matthew 24:38, 39

What was wrong was their preoccupation with everything else to the exclusion of listening to God when he spoke through his servant Noah, a preacher of righteousness. Because they did not listen, when the Flood came it swept them all away into destruction.

Many of those who died in the Flood no doubt considered themselves NICE PEOPLE, not being involved in the violence that filled society in those days. (But just being nice did not save them.)

By their apathy they condoned the evil of their day. The crucial thing was that they did not run to God; they did not listen when God’s servant spoke. So they did not take the proper steps for survival.

• 1 month ago

Everyone needs a hobby.  It gave the creatures something to do.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the world was wicked - says the Bible.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps the story was just made up, and there are no Gods nor Goddesses.

Perhaps there IS or WAS a God, but He was not quite bright enough to figure out a plan that didn't involve drowning several million puppies, kittens, and babies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jimmy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Noah's ark story is absolute myth. Six hundred year old men can't build arks.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Noah it is said "preached to his generation". Also Enoch warned others. They all were told to build an ark, but only Noah did!

The population was wiped out because they did not follow the instructions to build an ark for each family unit. It was kind of like ignoring the orders to get into the life boats when a ship goes down. Those who do not are lost.

• 1 month ago

Better yet, why not simply afflict every evil person with some disease, like a heart attack, cancer or just strike them dead?

• 1 month ago

Wasn't drowning the world kind of God's plan? I mean, he could have just not done that.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's a story, neighbor, part of an ancient "cosmology" in Hebrew literature.  You'll develop a headache trying to figure out literal, historical logic out of it.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Genesis 6:5-8 KJV — And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.