Feminists, am I understanding this correctly? ?
Men are the majority of people in prison b/c men suck. So men being 5/6 of the people in prison is just the way it should be.
Black people are disproportionately in prison b/c society is racist.
Is that about right?
- .Jerry.Lv 74 weeks ago
"Feminists, am I understanding this correctly? ?"
Yes, and before the radical school system changes, girls doing poorly in school was because of a sexist school system. But now that boys are doing poorly, it's because they don't do their homework and fool around.
Also, women are victims of violent crime. But men that are assaulted or killed must have been in gangs or making trouble.
It goes on and on this list of double standards. You have just happened to hit on one of the more recent "intersectionality" based double standards which takes feminism from 2 dimensions to 3 dimensions regarding who can be a "victim" by not only sex, but also by race, sexual preference, religion, political affiliation and more according to the feminist adherence of cultural Marxism.
- Anonymous1 month ago
No. It's laughably wrong
- ChemFlunkyLv 71 month ago
I think the disproportionate number of men in prison is for several reasons, only some of which have to do with bias.
1. Testosterone. Men tend to be more aggressive (not necessarily violent, but sometimes), because they almost always have more testosterone than women. So more men will tend to commit crimes bad enough to warrant prison.
2. Toxic male gender roles. Particularly in some sub-cultures, whatever inherent tendency men have to be more violent gets turned up to 11 by a society that basically tells men (especially poor young black men) that the only way to be a Real Man is to always be more violent and aggressive than the next guy. So, again, more crime.
3. More men are "bread-winners". A lot of crimes (eg theft, drug dealing) are committed for fairly straightforward economic motives. For reasons that are probably some combination of innate and cultural, men are generally expected to be the ones to bring home the income in a male-female two-adult household. So, men without jobs are more likely to turn to crime than women without jobs.
4. Danger. Men are usually physically stronger than women, so a given male criminal can generally cause more sheer physical damage than a given female criminal. This, either justifiably or unjustifiably, will tend to increase both male conviction rates (eg a dude's more likely to meet the "threshold" of a law that considers something criminal only if a certain level of damage is caused) and male prison terms
5. Plain, flat-out bias. Cops and judges who assume men are "at fault" even when the evidence suggests otherwise. Cops and judges who worry about "delicate" female offenders, but not male ones. Cops and judges going easy on an offender because kids "need their mother", but not giving similar consideration to fathers. And so on.
The disproportionate number of black and brown people (especially young men) in prison mostly has to do with 2 and 5. With a *tiny* boost from 4, because... well, weak people generally didn't survive generations of slavery.
- Anonymous1 month ago
Men commit 96% of violent crimes and 98% of sex crimes.
Most black men are in jail for drug offenses. The murderers & sex criminals belong there.
I know you aren't seriously trying to claim men are discriminated against on the basis of sex? So this was just a bit of racism. Okay.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- AnonymousLv 51 month ago
men r more aggressive..tho women r starting to commit more sincemany crimes now dont require u to be a violent neanderthal
- 1 month ago
No feminists never said that. 2 main factors accounting for more black men in prison:
- They're usually poor- More testosterone (scientific fact)