Savannah asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Why are my periods so irregular ?

I use to have regular periods but now my periods are extremely irregular and half of the time, I do not get my periods at all. Why is this happening? will I have problems conceiving?.

It started happening when I was 14, and I asked about conceiving because infertility problems run in my family.

Same for me. Once when I was 14, I didn't get a period for like 5 or 4 months straight.

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

Are you on birth control pills or do you have a family history of emdometriosis? If this is troubling you, then make an appt with a gynecologist to undergo testing to determine the reason. If it is treated early, pregnancy may not be affected, but since infertility problems run in the family, I'd get this checked out...take care!

Source(s): Had endometriosis before

That's actually very common.  I notice my period would be irregular most when I was on a diet, I have skipped my period up to 6 months

i would talk to your doctor about it