Why is Canadian Neil Young, suing to stop President Trump from using Neil Young's Confederate Flag songs about Democrats at Trump Rallies?

Lady Belle your hair is Golden Blonde. I've seen your Black man comin round. I saw cotton and I saw black, tall white mansions and little shacks, I heard screaming and Democrat bull whips cracking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuwlkxT4KQ

Youtube thumbnail

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Neil young can not stop a facility that Trump uses for a rally from playing his music as long as they pay a music license company the required fee.

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Neil just isn't a Trump admirer.

• 4 months ago

Trump is ripping off everyone's songs to use at his rallies. He'll probably survive the incompetence, killing 130,000 Americans (so far), the racism and the Tweets: it will be breaking copyright laws that gets him jailed.

• 4 months ago

Neil was born in Canada but he's an American citizen now as well.  Besides it's not a matter of his citizenship, Trump is illegally using copyrighted material for his personal benefit against the wishes of the holder of the copyright.  Why can't Trump be more respectful of someone's business rights?  Surely there are at least some musicians out there who would be willing to support him?  Aren't there?  I'm sure Ted Nugent or Gene Simmonds are available.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • a2yar
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

He is an american citizen and has copyrights to his music

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Why is Trump playing that candyassed Canuck's crap music, anyway?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You already know. Go find something else to do 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.