df
Lv 4
df asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Would you consider being vegetarian a choice if the person was raised in a vegetarian household and never tasted meat ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

no freewill is an illusion

• Jeff H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes since unless the person was kept away from all other individuals they would become aware of other types of diets and, unless they were totally inclined to continue as a vegetarian, they would likely try other foods and, as they grew older, make up their own minds.

• 4 weeks ago

Here is an analogy...most people who practice a religion will practice what they have been taught while growing up, religiously speaking. 

If one is raised as a vegan, that is all they know and they may not want to experiment with other foods for which they have not acquired a taste for.

• Thorn
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Sure.  They are not prisoners

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'd consider raising a child as vegetarian to be child abuse and the parents should go to prison and therapy sessions provides to help slowly introduce meat into the child's diet. 

• Fubar
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

We are all Texas meat eaters in the family

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What person? Your question doesn't make sense!

I wouldn't have a problem with being vegetarian if there was a good reason but I wouldn't choose to be. 

• No. Their preferences are just that- theirs.  I respect if the make a decision for themselves but they should respect my decision to not be a vegetarian.

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course being vegetarian is a choice. While parents are providing food, a child should eat what is presented to them. Once  they are providing their own food, they have the right to choose what they want to eat.

• It would be someone else's choice - and child abuse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.