What's wrong with my javascript code?

It's on droid script...

• Chris

I guess you should take another look at the tutorial: http://androidscript.org/droidscript/tutorials/?tu...

Programming doesn't mean you just make a bad guess at how the program could look like, then immediately ask online for help; you need to actually learn how the language works and what the syntax is.

I waited for someone with more JS experience to answer.  Didn't happen.

The image is fuzzy, but it looks like there's something (a thin space or maybe a '.') between "on" and "start".  That's not a valid object name in JS.  A name can only contain letters, digits, dollar ('$') signs and/or underscores ('_') and can't begin with a digit.  No spaces or other characters are allowed.  Those are the rules for ASCII characters.  Unicode allows some extra options, like letters from non-English alphabets, but I haven't had the need for any of that. 

The "var" declaration inside the function is missing the variable.  A declaration gives a variable a name, and optionally a value.  It looks like:

var grunt = "lemme smash";

After that, a variable named "grunt" is defined and refers to the string value "lemme smash".

You aren't using any variables in your function, though, so I don't know why you even have a var statement.  If it's because you're going to use the string "lemme smash", don't bother.  String literals don't need to be declared.