Why some people say Wikipedia is incorrect information?

I have used Wikipedia for all my studying. And I always manage to ace my class.

because people can edit it. They edit some info for own facilities And Wikipedia need some specific time for resolve it. Most of the time its not safe of this reason. 

For most uses it's accurate. The problem is that it's not monitered. So there is no panel of experts to check on facts. But the articles agree with other sources that I read.

No official board of 'fact checkers'.

Source(s): Been using wikipedia for 10 years, at least.

Wikipedia can be edited by anybody, as such it is open to trolls who might want to add fake information. Wikipedia has a lot of moderators who are able to control that, but they don't always edit pages back to normal straight away.

Wikipedia also has the downside that bias people can edit, it has been known for celebrities and people to edit their own pages. Obviously, this is amended but it does take time again so Wikipedia can't always be trusted.

The source marking helps to prove legitimate information however.

Wikipedia also helps me in my school stage, but some people edit this information on any topic, by recommendation always read various sources.

For the most part, Wikipedia is accurate enough. It's not much MORE inaccurate than say, an outdated encyclopedia from the library. However, since anyone can edit articles in Wikipedia, it tends to get a bit muddled at times. 

Nothing is actually perfect, but i've got some ample information from Wikipedia before. Hence we all know the content on Wikipedia are created by people so, discrepancy of some information are inevitable.  

Wikipedia is accurate. But one time I came across a war article, and under the subheading "Casualties and Losses' some troll took out the death figures and replaced it with just "hey". But of course soon it was taken down.

• Eric

Double check it against other sources. The fact anyone can edit it is both its strength and a vulnerability. If you are - say - doing a paper on World War II and someone has just decided to be a smartalec and edit an article on Pearl Harbor to say Napoleon nuked the Germans there, and you quote it, well... you're wrong. 

Because of the "edit wars" that can occur.

It does have the correct information, it's just that anyone can edit on it which undermines its credibility. Because a person can go to an article about the Mitochondria and edit from "powerhouse of the cell" to "make proteins." 

Personally, I don't think of this as an issue because a person can just change it back to accurate information. In addition, articles that needs editing and lacks proper content or are for promotion would be tagged by wikipedia moderators. So in reality its pretty reliable