Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Was Protestantism creates as an excuse for people to still be able to call themselves Christians without having to follow Christ’s rules?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That still leaves lots of Christian denominations including all Lutherans 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I followed Christ's rule.  John 6:47.  I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, so I am going to heaven.  Catholic and orthodox both teach works for salvation so they both lead to hell, so get away from them.  Neither of them existed for hundreds of years after Jesus.  And "protestantism" is an unnecessary word.  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Tim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I guess you don't believe Peter was a Christian because he denied Christ three times?

• Protestantism was created to bring down all the religions that use to accept all the laws, and the prescriptions that God has given to follow! In fact, relgions, including yours, is heretical, and is outside Christian doctrine.

Christians = Followers of Jesus Christ, the Lord!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marco
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No, protestants split off from the Catholic church because the Catholic church had become corrupt and strayed away from the Biblical teachings. They expected people to go through priests and popes, and buy indulgences and such. They were torturing and executing non-believers. None of it was in accord with the teachings of the Bible. So people protested against it, by following the actual teachings of the Bible. 

• 1 month ago

No.  People such as Martin Luther were concerned that the Church had drifted so far from the original will of God that they decided to go back to the Bible and actually do what it said.

• 1 month ago

No. They read the Bible and see that the Vatican is a cult. 

• 1 month ago

None of them were following Christ's rules.

• 1 month ago

NO....IT IS LESS LEGALISTIC THAN CATHOLICS...U R WRONG AND RUDE AND GOD IS JUDGE NOT U THANK GOD FOR THAT...LOOK INTO YOUR OWN HEART...WE GOT SAVED...MAYBE U SHOULD PRAY TOO AND REPENT.

• 1 month ago

Almost right, they didn't want to follow Catholic rules (especially the one where you can buy your way out of sin - I don't think that was actually one of Christ's rules).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.