Will it be easier to get into more selective middle tier universities for the 2021 fall semester?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Are you looking for an excuse to avoid entering college? That is what your question implies. If you don't want to go, find something useful to do instead - community college extention courses to complete the incredibly boring lower division core courses is a good way to get that first year or so out of the way. Or, get a job.

Good luck to you.

• 1 month ago

Probably not. Lots of people who lost their jobs likely want to retrain due to a very broadly changed economic environment & different job options. Competition for college admissions has been increasing year by year anyway due to population growth & growing demands for better educated workforce, and now it could be dramatically more competitive. Hard to predict for any particular school, but looking at the trends for increasing competition, particularly over the past couple of decades, and now the impacts of covid, greater competition appears at this point to be the more likely outcome.

4.6 million new jobs were created in June - and that's a number higher than annual job creation numbers for most years out of the past two decades. But the job market has changed, probably permanently. 

• 1 month ago

I think it will be more difficult. I think many students who planned to start in Fall 2020 have deferred their admission to the next year, or decided to take a gap year in order to start college in a more "normal" setting. So I think there will be significantly more students starting, or applying to start, in Fall 2021. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.