Elliot
Elliot asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Am I still allowed to fly to an EU country from the US if I only have a layover there and never leave the airport?

• alan P

Where from.  People arriving in the UK (not in the EU any more unfortunately) from the US have to give an address and then self isolate there for 14 days.

MAYBE

As there are a number of possible situations that might allow this and thousands of others say NO.

For MOST the answer is NO.

The Airline has no desire to haul people around for free when they are refused entry at the next stop.

Your first issue is being allowed onto a plane.

European Airport is next step. BE SPECIFIC. Every Airport does not have exactly the same separation protocols for those passing through.

Depends on the specific layout of Terminal(s) and what Airline is your second flight. It might depart from outside the in transit zone.

It can be done just not for every possible combination you care to dream up.

ASK the Airlines you intend to use if the connection is possible at your intended time of travel.

https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/faqs/faq-coro...

I'll say I don't know the exact rules, but logically if EU countries are banning travel to their countries from the US, then there would not be flights for you to take.  If there were, then the fact you were on the flight for 6+ hours would be enough to infect people on the flight.  So logically, the answer should be, "no".  I've found that not all the restrictions in place have been logical thoguh.