Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Is it normal to start a bbq in the morning?

I have some impatient family members, who love to start BBQ in the mornings like around 9:30am. I told them to start it at the earliest 11 am but I would prefer 1pm. They straight up ignore my request and do it anyways in the morning, is this normal?

No it's not a breakfast bbq, it's a full on lunch/dinner bbq.  

• Fubar
    Favorite Answer

Do they do this to annoy you? Our barbecues start around 2pm and can last until 10pm depending on whose invited. If grandads invited any of his war time buddies it's still on at midnight an after

I have done several things that take between 8 an 10 hours so if I want to serve dinner at 6 PM I would start around 7:30 or 8 AM.

Depends on what you are cooking and what you call BBQ   are you "grilling" or "smoking" the food. 

I’ve had a bbq breakfast once.

ohh are you arvis?? y’know seliph’s uncle

Weird but it's also up to them.

• F

I’ve had a bbq breakfast once.

That's ridiculous.  Why would anyone want BBQ so early in the morning...its just not enjoyable.  In my family, barbeques begin at 2pm and end whenever.   IMO, you could always just refuse to turn up if it isn't your thing.

I dont know anyone that want to wake up and have a bbq. 

• kswck2

IF making real BBQ or ribs, you need to start Very early. 

• denise

If you want to be 'eating' at lunchtime, it could be a good idea to get the 'coals' prepped early as they take time to burn down to the right heat for cooking.

It is normal for the host/hostess to determine the start of the party.

9:30 AM is an unusual time for a BBQ, but the world doesn't revolve around your preferences as you have discovered.  

An invitation is not a subpoena.  If 9:30 is too early for you, you are free to decline.