How bad was Amnesia: The Dark Descent and why?

It's a huge chore to play nowadays.

-You constantly get lost, thanks to having no map.

-It's too damn dark, and you're completely screwed once you run out of lantern oil and tinder boxes.

-Story is difficult to follow.

-Hiding from enemies is useless since they find you anyway.

-----

I've tried to play through this game three times already, and just can't force myself to.

• Pyrus

I honestly kinda liked Amnesia. The music was creating a really nice horror ambiance. Now, I can't call it "bad", but there are definitely some features that could have been better, and unfortunately it has to do with the horror aspect itself. The monsters in the game could be far more terrifying, the way they interact with the main character could be much better, there were a lot of mechanics that could have been added to exploit this. What such games usually lack is uniqueness. It's always about chase, chase and chase. When the horror stems from the mind and one's sanity (or insanity in this case), the possibilities are be endless! I really liked the start of Amnesia, but then it wasn't as unique as I was hoping for. It was still a good game though, don't get me wrong. I did enjoy it, but that's my opinion. 

I don't remember ........................................