Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Do you DIY?

Favorite Answer

Is this high school health class?

Yep, electrical installation and repair, small engine repairs (pressure washers, log splitter, riding mower, rototiller, etc), light carpentry (adjust doors, repair railing, , gardening (planting, splitting, pruning, watering, weeding), built watering reservoir (tanks, gravity fill pipe from spring, hose to sprinkler pump, 450 ft of hoses to bottom of garden), welding, computer and network troubleshooting, rebuilding stone wall, planning old barn renovation, bulldozer winch removal, hydraulic hose repairs, chainsaw repair and sharpening, logging/skidding, bucking and stacking firewood... and that's just in the past 3 days...

• Sathi

Absolutely. I “DIY” for most household projects. Painting, electrical wiring (apprehensive at first, but now feel comfortable), fixing water heater and furnace issues (thanks, YouTube)...anything that breaks down, I’ll try to fix it. I buy specialty tools as I need them. My BF, a great handyman himself, is both amazed and amused.

• Rol

Not only am I a DIYer but a lifetime of being one has given me the knowledge to be a part time handyman in retirement and I have to fight to keep it part time because the demand is so high.

• Da

Always.

This is a DIY Dish Soap Dispenser that I made out of a ketchup bottle. Even with the cap open, it doesn't leak.

I fix all of my auto, household and everything else. 

I hate paying someone to do something that I can do myself.

• Barry

In deedy I do DIY.

I do!  All the time!

Do I? Indeed I do. 

I'm a diva with a paintbrush and an electric screwdriver if that's what you're asking.