Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Was Mayweather Jr. the best boxer ever?

Favorite Answer

He's undefeated.  If anyone wants to make a case for him, then it's hard to argue.

• John

he's defeated....

• Ray

I don't believe in a goat but p4p Mayweather is one of the few boxers you can make an argument for. 

There's probably only 10 boxers ever you could make such an argument for. 

I would say he is certainly the best of his generation. He along with Manny have dominated the sport for many years. However throughout history I would say no. There was Sugar Ray Robinson Henry Armstrong and others who did the same for many years as well. The undefeated can also be deceiving. The opposition who they fought and when is meaningful. Henry Armstrong held three titles in three different weight classes simultaneously. 

• Adam

No. Being undefeated for me doesn't automatically make him the best. You need to judge the level of competition, his activity level, when he fought his best fights etc.

The level of talent around when Sugar Ray Robinson was around was superior and I've watched enough of his fights to think he is the best ever.

Marciano. He was also undefeated but he fought in the heavyweight division which means he fought boxers that weighs at least 200 lbs with no limit. 49 - 0 with 43 wins by knockout. 

Pretty boy Floyd fought in 6 weight classes and a little more than half of his wins were by KO. He’s the greatest defensive boxer but I prefer going for the kill, a knockout.