Can someone recommend a website to learn photography for beginners?

Also, can anyone finds me a person who can critique my photographs as I'm practicing.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Sumi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Youtube is a great site to learn photography for free.  Just do a keyword search for any topic such as "composition" or "fundamentals of photography" or "understanding exposure" and watch and take notes.  Taking notes is critical as it'll allow you to compile a list of terms/concepts that you need to research later.

Of course, none of this will matter much if you don't get out there and shoot on a regular basis.

If you want more of a polished presentation, kelbyone.com is a great learning site dedicated to all things photography.

Join a local camera club for critiques.  You can also sign up for photography workshops where critiques are often provided.  Just stay away from friends, family and people on flickr, facebook, snapchat, etc... as these people almost always have zero clue about photography and are simply saying things to not hurt your feelings.

• 1 month ago

you tube........

• 1 month ago

Instead of "a website", I strongly suggest you invest in a REAL photography course taught by a true pro who WILL assess your assignments as you go. I know Jeff Roush personally and this would be your best start.  

https://www.roushphotoeducation.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.