My dad just yelled f@ggot to the tranny we walked by at the mall... why?? 😭?

Because he secretly a transsexual woman who hates himself 

Because your father is an opinionated loud mouth idiot and a good example for you NOT to be!!

I presume it’s because he’s a homophobic idiot who doesn’t know that transgendered people aren’t necessarily gay

Ignorance and sexual insecurity.

He was just calling a spade a spade. 

Because he is ignorant and doesn't know the difference between being gay and being transgender.

• Emma

I can't tell you why, because I have nothing good to say about your dad, and what kind of person would do that .

There are some lessons children should never learn from their parents, you just witnessed one.

Intolerance discrimination and hate are taught and learned, you are not born that way.

Notice I said nothing about you or dad needing to agree with the other person, it's about being polite courteous and decent to each other despite the differences, no matter what the difference is.

It is not a particularly polite thing to do.

I don't know - I don't like abusing people  - But if you can see they are demons, it's  really futile (Or it should be), to think such things.

Your Dad is voicing his ignorant opinion in an antisocial way.