Would forcefully taking diapers away from my daughter be going to far?

I've been told from someone here and some family members that I should just take diapers completely out of the picture for my daughter (she's 6), I just don't know if I should remove them completely or try to slowly try to get her off them. And if I do remove them from her completely how do I deal with taking her out to places like the store or park. Any advice would be very helpful thank you.

• sarah

I seriously hope you're trolling...but if you're not, simply tell the SIX-YEAR-OLD (Jesus, that's almost halfway to being a teenager...) that until she learns to use the bathroom LIKE A NORMAL SIX-YEAR-OLD, she doesn't GET to go to the store, the park, or anywhere else. YES, take the diapers away completely. You should have done that about four years ago.

You're either a troll with a diaper fetish or the world's worst parent.

If you're not a troll and think it's AT ALL normal for a 6 year old to still need diapers then I weep for your child.