Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Anyone else feel uncomfortable buying lose fruits and vegetables during this pandemic ?

I haven’t been eating apples or oranges that are out in the open because you never know who touched it and it they haven’t washed their hands u feel uncomfortable buying stuff like Cilantro and parsley which is out in the open. Unless it’s packed up or in a bag I can’t risk it. I’ve already witnessed a lady sneezing with her hand then putting an apple back so I definitely can’t risk that anybody. My fruit consumption has been significantly lower because of this. I might consider the frozen fruit instead of things don’t get better with people’s hygiene and the pandemic. 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Do you not wash fresh produce? Most people do.

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Apples and oranges can easily be washed.  Plus they can sit in a fruit bowl for a couple of days before you get around to eating them. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Have you considered canned fruits and vegetables ?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I was okay with it until I saw some idiots without masks handling the produce I was about to purchase.  Now I am turned off entirely because I don't trust that stuff to be covid free right now.  Until someone tells us otherwise (that corona virus cannot live on fruits and veggies) I am not comfortable purchasing any of it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

NO not really I wash all fruit and or produce before I cook it or use it in any way,anyday.

• 1 month ago

Not worried at all. I just make sure I wash the fruit and veg according to health specifications and go from there. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I've not been into any shops “social distancing” started, but I've had fruit delivered from shops.

It's always a good idea to wash loose fruit anyway. Personally, I'd have been a lot more concerned about mixing with other people than buying fruit that someone else might have handled.

• 1 month ago

No, as they’re generally washed before use 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The virus does not grow on food. Just wear gloves when choosing fresh produce. 

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

DUH--anything that goes into your stomach is digested in ACID and Covid cannot survive and will not harm you..all food is safe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.