Can I still email my teachers to ask help for college applications this late into the summer? ?

I need to apply to a school in my home country but the application process is extremely formal and requires a lot, one of which is a questionnaire to be answered by the school principal and 2 other teachers. I wasn’t able to apply since my passport expired so I had to wait to get it renewed and I wasn’t gonna apply anymore but I really can’t afford college here even with my scholarships and financial aid. So this could be my lost shot at college. Now that it’s renewed, it might be too late into the summer to email my teachers :((( should I still try? Or is it rude?

• MS

It's not rude, and it's certainly worth a try.  But do be aware that these individuals may not be regularly checking their emails in the summer months, so you may not get a timely response (or a response at all).

Do contact your teachers, school administration. It's worth a try. Administration may be able to get hold of teachers, principal even if school is closed for the summer. Give it your best shot!

• John

There is nothing wrong with trying.