Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Can someone translate this for me? “Multiplicity is the root. As for being satisfied with one, it is the doctrine of the fearful people.”?

Man I am speaking to accidentally sent me a photo that I can’t read. I had it translated and I still don’t understand. I know it has to do with marrying multiple women but is it for or against it? The app is translating it to “Multiplicity is the root. As for being satisfied with one, it is the doctrine of the fearful people.” Or “Multiplicity is the rule, but only one. It is the doctrine of fearful people .. for saying The Almighty: If you lose the moderates, one?.” May someone translate this for me so I understand clearly what it’s saying. Is it for or against polygamy? Thank you 

It seems as though they're for polygamy - I think it means only frightened people say they are content with only one wife