Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 months ago

Any older people remember when flirting with the opposite sex didn’t carry the risk of getting you sued, arrested, fired from your job, etc.?

The notion that women are lying in wait to sue some guy in this regard is only a problem for scared little boys who don't know how to act.

Yes I remember when it was considered shameful to be all touchy feely on each other until you were of marriage age seeking marriage.

• Jas B

You are assuming that those who are getting sued, arrested and fired from their jobs were all just flirting, which of course they were not.  The vast majority of women are perfectly aware of the difference between flirting and sexual abuse.  And by suggesting that those who go to extreme measures of speaking out against such behaviour is an insult to every woman or man who has had the bravery to do so.

I remember when it was ignored by bosses and when employees used their power to sexually intimidate and coerce their workers and ignore the complaints about those who did it.  I remember multiple times when I had to put up with morons who thought it was acceptable to make insulting sexual remarks  and that the only choice I had was to put up with it or find another job.

Why should any women or men come to that have to put up with such behaviour or have to leave a job because of the degrading behaviour of bosses or co workers.  

Every decent man knows the difference between flirting and sexual abuse and those who don't should be held to account.

I work NOW and flirting with the opposite sex doesn't carry the risk of getting sued, etc.

You must have a very broad interpretation of the word "flirting."

Seven hells.

If your flirtation is causing you to be sued, arrested, or fired, you're not flirting. At the very least, you're doing it wrong, and you're too f*cking thick to understand why.

I've never had a problem with flirting, but then, I also have basic manners, something my dates are uniformly shocked by.

Source(s): You guys must be putting in as little effort as possible, or maybe I'm just underestimating how many Aholes my gender has spawned.
  • keerok

It could happen before too if you get too aggressive or if the person you're bugging is a psycho but yes, there was a time when it was pleasurable and harmless past time to both boys and girls, of all ages.

Yes, many remember when inappropriate sexual advances were not punished.  

I remember when being sexually harassed, fondled and more was considered normal, and we were told to be flattered that men acted like that.  I remember the rage, the despair, and the helplessness.

• Troy

yeah. Women miss those days, but it's hard to pass up a big payday and retire early just for whining about it.