Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 month ago

Opinions on James Terry Roach being executed by electric chair at 25 years old for double murder & rape committed at age 17?

His execution was justice served for his victims and their family's. There is no doubt of his guilt. We need to bring back the death penalty for adults & adolescents over age 16 in all 50 states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Terry_Roach

• Edna

I think his execution is fine, but it should have taken place years ago. James Roach was executed when he was 25, and he had 8 more years of life than did the 2 people he murdered when he was 17.

• L

I agree with you............if the Death Sentence was 'still on the table' - fewer people would be killing and raping.

And think of how many were saved from being raped by that loser in the past 30+ years !

17 year olds should not be executed. Nor should 18, 19, or 20 year olds. I don't know about you but the idea of teens/minors being executed doesn't sit well with me.

If you do want to execute them, then lower the drinking age to 16. Otherwise it's morally unjustifiable. 

• edward

I think that the punishment needs to fit the crime.  Killing someone doesn’t bring the others back and it doesn’t make you any better to be honest.  Who will wash the blood of your hands when someone dies at them?  The person who commited the crime has then been set free...what about you?