do you guys support proposing to a lady in public places? what happens if she turns it down? will be relationship still continue?

• rick

I think "proposing" in public is analogous to having sex in public. It's in bad taste and a publicity stunt.

no

the new acts of showing off  in pubic is a insult to the long term responsibility that is really being made 

the birth announcement crap etc 

even big expensive weddings are a insult to marriage 

they are not the same thing 

I don't support proposing to a women in a public place. It almost forces you to say yes, which is entirely unfair. Granted proposing is super stressful and being in public sort of provides reassurance, the guilt shouldn't be on you.

If she turned it down, it might be that she just isn't ready. My sister turned down her boyfriend for 3 years, and they eventually got married and have 2 kids together, so of course the relationship can continue; if marriage isn't the sole purpose of the relationship.

My girlfriend wanted me to marry her, wanted a big wedding and all this fancy stuff, all the while I was in school with over 50k in debt, it made no sense to me. She then broke up with me.