Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Anybody else only make lasagna once a year cause it’s so expensive?

Baked chicken and broccoli is cheap to make so that’s normally what I make on a daily basis. Lasagna is so expensive and rich with all of the cheeses fresh basil. To make delicious hearty lasagna with ground beef and Italian sausage is very expensive. No way can I afford to make it more then once a year. Baked chicken is much more affordable which normally only includes the chicken

Sometimes I’ll buy a lemon or lime for the chicken but I’m normally only buying chicken breast to make a baked Chicken dish 

Lasagne is a very affordable dish; it doesn't have to be made with very expensive ingredients.

No, lasagna isn't all that expensive and it's filling.

It's not expensive unless one is extremely poor...

No, I make lasagne several times a year. I don't think it's expensive at all, you must not budget your money well.

• denise

I make more it often than once a year, but I admit to sometimes using jarred béchamel & marinara sauce, also I 

don't use fresh herbs but I add fresh mushrooms & parmesan.

You need to get a second job so you can afford to buy food and hopefully you'll spend less time on here spamming Yahoo.

• Anton

That is $2.70 a serving.   Lasagna is CHEAP -- https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

The lasagna is a one-pot meal.  That is $2.70 for the whole meal.

Your "baked chicken" is naked.  You need to add the sides to make it a meal.

Chicken breasts are rather bland, needs help to make a fabulous meal.

My Alice Springs Chicken, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Ratatouille, Grilled Malibu Chicken -- all over $3/serving.