Opinion on people changing there name as adults? ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I did it at the age of 20. As a tribute to my paternal grandmother who had passed away a couple of weeks earlier. I have now had that name longer than I had my birth name. 

• 1 month ago

If it's something they really want to go and are willing to go through the effort and expense of also having to change official documents like passports and driver's licenses, it'sw okay.

• SR
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I’m not usually a fan of it, but I guess it depends on the circumstances.

• Nothing wrong with it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Don't have much of a opinion on it, I thought of changing my name when I was younger.

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I do not  beliave in changing  anyones  name,kid or adult unless the name. Is very  offensive on some way 

• Snid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have no opinion on it except that it's their business, not mine.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Waste of time and money.  I would have to get my name on everything changed.  The mortgage on the house, all my legal documents, my direct deposit from work changed, my hospital ID would need to be changed, it’s just a hassle to do all that work

• 1 month ago

I think it should only be done if there's a really important reason, like your name is very embarrassing and holds you back in life, or you had abusive parents and want to distance yourself. In general though, I believe the name our parents choose for us at birth is an important part of our identity and says something about them and their hopes for you. 

• 1 month ago

I changed my name when I transitioned M2F and our son is planning to drop our surname.  Whereas I think he's focussing on his hatred for his grandfather rather excessively while ignoring all the wonderful things our clan has done in music, philosophy, technology and the like, it's his right to do that and I have no problem with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.