Why do many parishes/temples not take demonic possession/oppression seriously?

• Paul

The one Church Jesus Christ founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth, has always accepted demonic possession as a real thing, and has specific persons specially trained to deal with such situations.

• Misty

Some of them just can't pretend, that is just too much.

• Ludwig

It is only worth peddling that stuff if you can make money out of it, and apart from the Fundies and Evangelicals churchgoers generally are not that into exorcisms.

• LAN

For the same reason murder accusations against the Easter Bunny aren't investigated.

The Have drank enough  Cinnamon Whiskey or learned to TYPE IN ALL CAPS >

• Koi

I've been possessed by demons and still am though their power has decrease. It was hard to find someone who would help me. Doctors all said I was depressed and still am. Don't believe them. 

Because as our knowledge of medicine and diseases, including mental illness, increased we realized that everything we thought was demon possession wasn't.  So far, there has never been a verified demon possession or any evidence that suggests that demons are real.

• Jeff

Because it is mythical HorseCrap.

Some demons can only be cast out with prayer and fasting.  I'd recommend the rosary combined with fasting.

• Gelo

Because they know it's FAKE.