Magic the Gathering question?

If I have a Tree of Perdition and use About Face which makes my tree a 13/0 is it still tappable before dying, making opponents life 0, or is there a legal way of doing this combo?  Sorry I am a noob at MTG game.  

dang...this card destroys all life gaining decks...and for only 4 mana...besides arent there newer cards than about face that do the same thing..cause it would not be standard legal

• Cantra

No there is not.

If you cast About Face first, Tree of Perdition will be sent to the graveyard as soon as it resolves. There is no time to tap it (nor would it work even if it did, as per the below)

If you tap Tree of Perdition first and place About Face above it on the stack, then About Face will resolve, making Tree of Perdition go to the graveyard after resolution. Tree of Perdition's activated effect is unable to resolve correctly if Tree of Perdition has left the field before resolution, it must remain on the field for the 'exchange' effect to happen. So it will do nothing at all on resolution, the opponent's life will be unchanged.