spooky / scared?

Which one is correct?

The image is spooky.The image is scared.The image is afraid.The image is frightened.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

spooky and scary mean about the same thing. "Spooky' specifically means otherworldly, like ghosts. Snakes can be scary but not spooky. 

The image is scary.  YOU are scared of the image.

• 3 weeks ago

Oh The image is spooky!

• 1 month ago

Spooky refers to a state of being of an object or an atmosphere. Frightened, Afraid and Scared refer to a state of being of a PERSON or something alive. Images can't be frightened, scared or afraid. 

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Spooky and scared don't belong together. There are two possibilities: 1. what happens to people; getting spooked or scared; and 2. the adjective for something that frightens, either spooky or scary,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The image was spooky and I was scared. I was scared by the spooky image.

The image can be spooky but not scared. YOU can be scared but not spooky.

It's like the difference between "interesting" and "interested".The movie was interesting, and I was interested.

• 1 month ago

images cannot feel fear or be scared.  that can only impart such a feeling in a viewer.  An image can be scary (cause a viewer to feel fear) but it can never be scared (be afraid).

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

an image please if you are that bored go get a hobby other than coming on this site and wasting your time with this crud lol drugs are not good for you lol

• sam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The image is spooky is correct. That means that the image is a bit creepy perhaps or shows a ghost etc.

The image is scared/afraid/frightened. That doesn't make sense. An image can not feel anything because it is an inanimate object. That's like saying the lamp is hungry. It can be used by some authors as a tool to add colour to their writing (the technique is personification). However, if youre just talking normally, none of these make sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.