Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Are you a weakling that free speech is the same as "freedom from criticism"?

Some of the best advice I've ever gotten is from people who are not family/friends because they were not inhibited to tell me something harsh. But then there are people who like to criticize others w/ BS as a means to elevate themself. In other words, they try to make themself look good by trying to make others look bad.

is it constructive criticism or just whiney criticism?

How will you learn if you are not critiqued?   How will you ever change if you do not see the need?  If you are afraid of criticism you are headed for real personality and knowledge pitfalls.  My Dad always said "Take criticism with grace and embrace knowledge with vigor".  If you learn from your mistakes or your spoken word you will become more of a person people want to deal with but if you close your mind to the fact you may be wrong, belittle others and point fingers, lie to gain momentum then you will face failure in the long run.  Your choice, your life and your lonliness.

• User

Just because we enjoy legally-protected freedom of speech

is no reason to ignore either grammar or sense!