Are trans women biologically male?

My nursing prof said they are

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes, your nursing prof was right: they are.

• 1 month ago

Then he’s a idiot xy women look it up

• 1 month ago

Only in the sense of gene expression in utero and from birth in respect of reproductive system and endocrine development.  Not in terms of their total phenotype.  Bear in mind also that we are social and cultural tool-users and that this is genetically determined.

• 1 month ago

Yes. And therein lies the rub, so to speak.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah, that's pretty much the definition of it.  Trans women were born with biologically female brains but their bodies were biologically male, with male genitals and thus male hormones to form a male body (ie. no breasts), although their brain is biologically female.  It requires hormone therapy and surgery to correct that biological mismatch.  Trans men are the opposite, with male brains but biologically female bodies at birth.

• Koi
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They are male in every single way that actually matters. A woman is not a thought in the mind of a delusional man. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What is "biologically male" what is biologically female, p, v, your personality, your upbring, your hormones, your body shape/type (there is no absolute male or female body type, just generalities), your chromosomes - did you know there are 23 pairs of chromosomes and only one pair is half male xy or all female xx, or xxx, xo, xxy, ect, there are 48 known variations (allosome's), the other 22 pairs of chromosomes (autosomes) are genderless and respond to estrogen and testosterone equally regardless of your sex or hrt status.

So, what means "biologically male"???

What about cisgender people that do not fit ""your"" definition of "biologically male" or female, what gender are they, such people are after all born that way everyday.

• 1 month ago

Yes. They are. With the rare exception of a few that, like Clones said, may be born with different intersex conditions. However..? That is extremely freaking rare! And does not mean humans aren't in *almost* all instances a sexually dimorphic species, born either XX or XY. If you have an intersex condition..? You are a very rare exception to that rule. And if you want to claim you have one..? You'll need to prove it, by genetic testing. Otherwise, if you're XY, and you want to transition to female..? Then yes, you are biologically male. Your biological sex will always be male. Which is THE thing that makes you trans, to begin with! You having a sense of gender that does not align with your sex! 

Even ten years ago..? This was literally indisputable!! And now look at how insanely toxic, oppressive and authoritarian trans activism has gotten... When saying that, and insisting on the reality of biological sex, is literally seen as some sort of awful hate crime! Which.. it bloody isn't!! Speaking as a woman born female, who still insists on being able to talk about the reality of that in a meaningful way, but who ALSO wants to respect the gender identities of trans people! Just.. these toxic SJWs are making it REALLY f*cking hard at times! Because I feel such a strong need to speak out against this authoritarian thought policing sh*t, before the dogma of this new SJW religion gets legislated, through law! And people like Rowling, etc, end up as thought criminals! Potentially in jail, or at the very least not allowed to speak! It is f*cking Orwellian, where society is getting to with this stuff!! And that..? Is speaking as someone who used to be a totally unquestioning, "nice" trans ally, for literally years and years! And..? Who's queer as sh*t, herself! (Panromantic grey asexual, if you wonder.) And..? Who's engaged to a non-binary person! (Biologically male, and thankfully perfectly sane about it, and NOT in denial about it! And.. he is also a HUGE ally to women born female, and I LOVE him. Or her. Or whatever pronouns she wants. She is actually fine with either, but mostly uses male ones, as she is not completely out yet.)

Anyway... Being "assigned male at birth" or "assigned female at birth"..? Is not some totally random, arbitrary thing that doctors do, just to oppress you! It is a clinical observation of that child's physical sex! And I really hate how language is trying to frame that, as if it's totally arbitrary.. It's not!! Although yes... I'm sure they DO get it wrong in some cases, when a child for instance has an intersex condition, that's not immediately visible. And.. of course they can't tell that someone is trans, either. But that..? Still doesn't mean their BIOLOGICAL sex isn't what it is, regardless.

• See edit below.

Well two things:

First, "biological sex" is a social construct. Why do I say that. Because there are at least 6 sexes in humans (XX, XY, XO, XXY, XXXY, XX/XY and more). In addition, regardless of chromosomal make-up a person can identify as male, female or other.

Second, as a result, when it comes to intersex and transsexual people, "biological sex" is irrellevant.

https://www.joshuakennon.com/the-six-common-biolog...

So they may think they are being accurate, but they are not. In fact they are being dismissive of intersex and transsexual people.

EDIT: It would be best to say that a trans women was assigned male at birth.

• Of course they are! I refuse to accept lies as truth. It's ridiculous 

the democrat party, is the democrat party,  because they believe alluring lies. Your nursing prof  is obviously a democrat. I'll stay on the side of science; till they can find a single male cell in HIS body

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.