This year i recieved very less Annual Bonus. I have sent email to the HR Head asking the basis & how bonus is calculated but no response?

Inspite of sending reminders there is no response. I guess they dont want to share. My agreement doesn't mention any bonus formula. is the company under no obligation to discuss their reasoning, formula or calculations with me ? appreciate if you could suggest how i can go about handling this situation. Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the rules are in India. You might want to try the Indian version of Y!A.

A bonus is up to them.  It is not your place to ask, suggest, expect or question their decision.  Considering covid, you can pretty much bet that they have lost a whole pile of money/business, unless they manufacture toilet paper or medical masks PPE so they may not be in a position to offer a raise in a bonus or a bonus at all.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

Have you not realised that at present the world is in the middle of a pandemic with Covid 19???

Most companies have been impacted financially. I got zero percent of my usual bonus, as did everyone I work with, as my company is attempting to reduce spending as much as possible. It is probably the same with your employer.