This year i recieved very less Annual Bonus. I have sent email to the HR Head asking the basis & how bonus is calculated but no response?

Inspite of sending reminders there is no response. I guess they dont want to share. My agreement doesn't mention any bonus formula. is the company under no obligation to discuss their reasoning, formula or calculations with me ? appreciate if you could suggest how i can go about handling this situation. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know what the rules are in India. You might want to try the Indian version of Y!A.

• 1 month ago

A bonus is up to them.  It is not your place to ask, suggest, expect or question their decision.  Considering covid, you can pretty much bet that they have lost a whole pile of money/business, unless they manufacture toilet paper or medical masks PPE so they may not be in a position to offer a raise in a bonus or a bonus at all.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 1 month ago

Have you not realised that at present the world is in the middle of a pandemic with Covid 19???

Most companies have been impacted financially. I got zero percent of my usual bonus, as did everyone I work with, as my company is attempting to reduce spending as much as possible. It is probably the same with your employer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.