Who would be at fault in this car crash? ?

In a Residental street car A is driving along to leave the street and is around 3 metres from the junction where they plan to turn left, car B is turning right into the Residental street and cuts the corner. Car A and car B collide. Damage to car A is on drivers door. Damage to car B is on drivers side near back wheel arch. Both drivers blame each other. Driver A says driver B cut the corner and was on her side of the road and hit the side of her car. Driver B said driver A should have stopped.... who would most likely be at fault here? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Split liability - proceeding when the way was not clear caused the accident.  I'm a little confused.  How would car B's driver's side near back wheel damage car A's driver's door?  I would understand front end damage, but it is HIGHLY unusual for the side of each car to be damaged.

I'll still say split liability, probably 60/40, 60 on car B.

• Peter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Car B is at fault. If car A had been on car B's side of the road, the damage to car A would have frontal, the fact that car B struck car A to the driver's door, is evidence that car B had overshot the corner and encroached on car A's side of the road.

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You must be in one of those countries that drive on the wrong side of the road.

• 1 month ago

As I understand the situation Driver A is turning left, but the damage is on the driver's door which is understandable as that is the side towards the center of the intersection.  What is strange is that Car B is turning right and is hit on the driver's side , which is on the far side from Car A. (?)  If he cuts the corner there should be lots of room (?)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Driver B is at fault.  No one ever admits to liability.

• May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Nobody here can tell you.  Only the involved insurance companies can, do and will determine fault (Liability) as the result of a crash.   

• 1 month ago

Not enough information for anyone to make that call.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

USA; car A, by the location of damages.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.