Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Is 115 pounds an ideal weight for a 5'4" woman?

In 1960s, an average American woman used to weigh around 115 pounds at 5'4". Now, an average American woman weighs around 167 pounds at the same height.

Update:

@David  B. : Since most Americans are obese, today's normal weight is actually medically overweight.

Update 2:

@Gypsyfish : Women who weigh less tend to be healthier. Women of all ages were 115 pounds in 1960s. Stop making the obesity normal.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Pretty much. Also, this idea that it's not ideal for a 35 year old women, but ideal for a 17 year old women is utterly retarded. lol

"If I can't get fat as I get older I won't be healthy!" - retarded feminist

• 1 month ago

i would say so.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, in terms of a healthy weight, 115 lbs is ideal for a woman of 5'4. A woman of that height should weigh between 107 and 145 lbs to be considered within the healthy weight zone.

Also, it's important to recognize that a woman who is at the upper healthy weight limit (for example 5'4 and 140 lbs) could still have low body fat percentage but have more muscle (which weighs more than fat.) So, weight itself is not the only factor. 

However, a woman who is 5'4 and 167 lbs is overweight and should consider changing their diet and exercising more. 

• 1 month ago

That's a fine weight. You'll find that what's ideal for a teenager is not for a 35 year old woman. The pressure on women to continue to look like they did at 17 is NOT healthy and NOT a goal you should have. Stop being snotty about it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

That is the ideal weight for a 17 year old girl of that height  by today's standards

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.