I need help making this sound professional for a work email:?

There’s a spot for graveyard shift opening at my job. I want that spot. However they want to give that spot to a trainee. Usually trainees stay on dayshift so they can gain more experience. I have seniority. I feel like they’re showing special preference towards this trainee. And I’m pretty sure the supervisor wants to keep me on dayshift so she can keep tabs on me. I don’t think that’s fair at all. Especially since the supervisor tries to look for mistakes in EVERYTHING I do. No one has any complaints about me except her. I feel humiliated and angry that I’m being treated that way, I’ve more than proved that I can do this job.  

• Alex

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

In virtually all jobs, the graveyard shift is the one that the newest people with the least seniority get, with the day shift being the most desirable.  Your boss may think she is doing you a favor.  If that is the case, simply ask, "hey, can I have the graveyard shift, please?  That shift works better for my personal life or my natural sleep schedule."  Leave off the part of not wanting to work with her or wanting to be unsupervised.

Or, you are bad at your job and your boss doesn't trust you to be by yourself.  If this is the case, you need to up your game and improve the quality of your work.  After you demonstrate that you can do stuff right without being corrected, and do so for an extended period of time, your boss will have more confidence in you.