Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Why are men who are not in relationships branded as losers?

I don't get it. As in all men with girlfriend are winners?! I know some homeless junkies who are in relationships and men who make $300,000 a year who are single.

• Foofa

Hmmm, where I live those guys are "branded" as "bachelors" or "playing the field". You must live in some doctrinaire environment if a single man with a 300K income is considered a "loser". 

My ex husband is not in a relationship, and he most certainly is not a loser. He is a very very good father to our children, and a good man. 

According to a dictionary of feminism,  single women are considered strong and dependent women but single men are considered as a loser, society has expectations for single people no matter what age. just ignore them. 

I don't know anyone who thinks that. Most people don't judge a man's success by whether or not he's in a relationship. In fact, men who are players and serial womanizers tend to get more respect and admiration from other men than family guys get.

It's a double-standard.

Women who are single are called strong independent women.

Men who are single are called losers and incels.

Society places a lot of pressure on men not wanting to marry.

• It's a way to pressure men to be in relationships