I worked in the USA during the period 2004-2010. Then returned to Europe and totally forgot about tax refund. Can I file it now? ?

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Nope, those refunds are forfeit at this point.

  • 1 month ago

    You can file now, but you won't get refund.  It's against the law to send a refund for any year for which a person files over 3 years later.  However, you can still file if you wish to do so for other reasons; you just won't get the refund.

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    no, way too late.  You had 3 years.

  • 1 month ago

    If you don't claim a refund within 3 tax years it's lost.

    If you earned 40 social security credits, you are eligible to receive social security at retirement. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.