Ganymede, our solar systems largest moon, has a liquid ocean beneath its surface. Do you think life could exist there?

Of course I think that life COULD exist there. Why would I think that life COULD NOT exist there?

I suspect it does, but I'm not sure about the influence of the radiation belt it orbits within.

There is no reason to believe there is an "ocean" beneath the surface of Ganymede. All that has got the "life up in space" brigade hyperventilating is some tenuous trails of water vapour being emitted from the surface. Need I remind you that all comets emit similar trails, but we don't go around speculating about oceans inside comets? The sublimation of ices is quite sufficient to provide the rarified gases we see escaping from Ganymede.

Life is a subject for biologists, not astronomers. I suggest that if you seek life, your best tool is a microscope, and the best place to look is your nearest green leafy park, not a telescope pointed up into the cold harshness of outer space.

No life has been discovered floating in a bottle of Gatorade, so why would there be life on Ganymede?

Yes, life probably can exist in Ganymede. Life CAN be radiation resistant and thrive, like the bacteria living in the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. 

There is a good chance that there is life. It might form around hydrothermal vents. Europa and enceledus might have underwater life too. We don't know until we go there and look. 

Anytime you find water existing in a liquid state - which we assume it does within Ganymede, I believe there’s a possibility for life.  Same for Europa, and Saturn’s moon Enceladus. 

One thing about the large moons in Jupiter’s orbit, they’re bathed in high intensity radiation from Jupiter’s Van Allen belts; I don’t know how much ice (and liquid water) would would reduce the intensity in their depths... The magnetic field of Saturn is less intense than Jupiter’s, so *my feeling is* that Enceladus may have a better chance at harboring life than the moons of Jupiter. 

That’s more opinion than fact; and - life can surprise you, so it may be the exact opposite. 

certainly possible.

..................