In the Presidential election, will covid-19 be a help or a hindrence for Trump?

I am asking this from a purely electoral point, not a partisan pro- or anti Trump. I am just curious about how such a big event as covid-19 could effect a big election such as a Presidential one, or if it wouldn't have much effect at all.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Tmess2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

COVID-19 will have some effect on the election.  First, it is a major event; so Trump will be judged on voter's perception of how he has handled it.  Second, there is always some pocketbook voting; so how the crisis has effected the economy will change some votes.  Third, if there are still a large number of cases in October, that will probably impact the mechanic of the election (the willingness of people to vote in-person and of people to serve as election judges).

At the present time, it seems like the overall impact of COVID-19 has been a net negative for Trump.  But we are still four months out from the election.  It will be the state of things in October that will tell the final story.

• 1 month ago

I would say hurt him, but it could go either way.

• xg6
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It will have a big effect.  Besides the fact it has damaged the US economy, the government's response will be a central issue in the upcoming election

• 1 month ago

False...........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.