Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What's the best animal for emotional support, expecially in regards to depression and anxiety?

It's kind of pathetic, but I'm wondering what is the best animal for emotional support. I have depression, general anxiety, and social anxiety. I don't want to take and actual support animal from someone who actually needs it. I'm looking for something particularly cuddly because just being able to hold and pet something when I'm having a breakdown or just depressed helps a lot. I don't know if or how an animal could help my social anxiety besides being there for me when I break down but if there is any pros to certain animals it would help. I'm trying to get to a point to where I can afford therapy, but even with therapy it will be a long time before I can get to a place where I'm okay, so I figure having something to be there for me in the meantime would help. I'm also trying self help but I'm a little too lazy and weak willed to do it on my own. Thanks.

• kswck2

White lab puppy. And Everyone gives yo a pass too. 

No one ever called a cat man’s best friend.

A wiener dog. only not a long haired one. Too much aggravation.