Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Did God create evil?

God allows rape, murder, child trafficking, genocides, other evils for the greater good, American Catholic? Is that a serious answer from you? 

Favorite Answer

If you mean the Bible god, then yes:

Isaiah 45:7 

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

No, since the definition of "evil"

EVIL: originally meant: possessing human characteristics, qualities, habits, needs or desires; does not mean bad or wicked. Evil can lead to wickedness.  

God has billions of Sons and these universes are their playground/Laboratory. With the Father's permission, they were attempting to build their own Heaven. They caused this messed up world from the start by not following instructions. Humans are the product of God's Sons.

yeah he killed my dog

• Jeremy

If you believe what the bible has to say about such things, yes.

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Though, I'm not convinced this being exists.

Nope.  Good and evil have always existed, independent of God.  If he had created good and evil, there would have been a time in which God was not good, and he would have done great evil by creating evil.

• People allow it

God is not the creator of evil. 

The reason for this is because evil is not an entity that exists in its own. People talk about evil being the opposite of good, but in reality, evil is the perversion and/or absence of good. It's like a perfectly straight metal pole. In and of itself, the pole is good. By bending the pole out shape or melting it partially, you turn the pole into something that it wasn't supposed to be, which would ruin the pole.

"But a perfectly good God wouldn't allow His creation to get ruined." That may not be true. The only way for evil to exist is something perverts what He has instituted. This is where Adam and Eve and the Forbidden Fruit come in. God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and yet Adam and Eve did so anyway. 

So why would God put the Tree there fully knowing what they would do? God did it this way because God doesn't want them to have no free will of their own. If there was only one option, to love Him, then there is no real choice in the matter. By giving Adam and Eve a second option, He gives them a choice between obeying Him and not obeying Him. 

"That still doesn't explain why God let evil exist." Well, I can't entirely answer why evil exists because I don't know what God thinks (If I did I would be equal to God, and I am not.). All I know is that there is a legitimate reason why evil is allowed to exist, I just don't know what that reason is. I don't think any mortal man will ever truly understand why evil exists this side of glory. All we can do is trust God to do what He knows is best for us and our world.

No. Evil is nothing more than the privation of good.  God allows it in order to manifest the greater good.

---Update---

Yes, that is what God allows,  anonymous coward.

I walk through the airport with kilos in my bag,

kilos in my bag,

kilos in my bag.

**** the police,

I got kilos in my bag.